i)Certificate Course on Basic Beauty Care was conducted by beauty specialist Mrs Mala Mahanta from 30/10/19 to 09/11/19,
ii) Certificate Course on Value Education was conducted in collaboration with Vivekananda Kendra, Guwahati,
iii) Certificate Course on Taekwondo was organised from 10/11/19 to 25/11/19
• Foundation Day Lecture was delivered by Dr Rajanikant Das, ex Principal of the college on 08/09/19.
• Department of History organised a talk on “Assamese Culture, A Peep through the Satras” on 28/09/20 delivered by Dr Rahul Majumdar, Dean, Academic, K KHandique State Open University, Guwahati.
• Workshop “Creative Writing Skills Prospects” was organised by Department of English on 30/09/19. Sahitya Akademi Awardee Rashmi Narzary graced the program as Resource Person.
• In connection with Vigilance Awareness Week Allahabad bank organised an extempore speech competition among the students on 21/10/19
• A talk on “Value Education” was delivered by Sri DigantaBiswaSarma on 6/11/19
• As a part of S.B.Deorah College Lecture serieson 09/11/19 Dr NabanitaBhuyan, HoD, Political Science delivered a talk on“Working of Parliamentary Democracy in India”
• An awareness meeting on “Solid Waste and Plastic Management” with special reference to Air Pollution was organised 11/11/19. Lecture was delivered by Prof K G Bhattacharya, retired Prof Gauhati University.
• Department of English organised an interdisciplinary talk on “Indian Classical Literature” on 13/11/19. Dr SudeshnaBhattacharjya, Prof. Gauhati University was the Resource person.
• A talk was delivered by Dr Mythili Hazarika on “Management of Adolescence Psychological Problems” on 14/11/19.
• Department of Assamese organised a talk on “AdhunikAsamiaNatyaCharcha”, on 12/03/20 delivered by Sri NarenPatgiri.
• A talk on “Inculcating of Values among the Youth” was organised by Department of Education on 25/02/20 which was delivered by Dr Sunita Agarwala, Associate professor, Dispur College.
• In association with ISKCON, Guwahati a talk on “Values of Indian Culture and Role of Youth” was organised on 26/02/20, delivered by His grace Madhab Das, ISKCON, Belgam, Karnatak.
• On 28/02/20 Science Day was celebrated, organised by Science Stream.
• A talk was delivered by Mrs Julie Baruaon ,”SamatarPrajannamaHathatNarir Bhumika” (I am Generation Equality) was delivered on 07/03/20 in connection with International Women’s Day.
• On 31/05/20 a Webinar on “Online E Resources” was delivered by Dr Dhrubajit Das, librarian of the college.
• In connection with World Environmental Day a Webinar was organised, talk on “Time for Nature” was delivered by Dr ParthaPratimBarua, Professor, Gauhati University.
• A Webinar on “Renaissance Literature” was conducted by Department of English on 05/06/20, delivered by Prof. Asha Kothari, Gauhati University.
• Department of Economics and Commerce organised a Webinar on “Circular Economy and the Economic dimension of Sustainability in the Covid Era” on 07-06-20 which was delivered by Dr PranjalPhukan, Director, International Council for Technology, Management and Applied Sciences.
• A Webinar on “Emotional Regulations during Covid-19” was organised Department of Education on 17/06/20 which was delivered Dr Rita Rani Talukdar, Associate professor, Department of Education, Gauhati University
• “How shall the Pandemic End” titled Webinar was organised by Department of Political Science on 24/06/20, delivered by Dr Prasenjit Biswas, Associate Professor, Department of Philosophy, NEHU, Shillong.
• Department History organised a Webinar on “Role of History in Contemporary Society” on 26/06/20 was delivered by Dr RajibHandique, Professor, Department of History, Gauhati University.
• S B Deorah College organised Webinar on 28/06/20 on the topics-
i) “Emerging Modes of Economic Transactions at Global, National and Local Levels, Challenges and Opportunities” delivered by Prof AjitavRoychowdhury, Former HoD, Jadavpur University
ii) “Economic Way Forward, Post Covid-19” delivered by Dr R B Barman, Former Executive Director, RBI and Former Chairperson of National Statistical Commission, Member, STA, Assam.
iii) “Social Implications of the Contagion” delivered by Prof. M P Bezbaruah, Former HoD, Department of Economics, Gauhati University.
iv) “Covid-19 and the North- East Economy” delivered Prof. Mrinal Kanti Dutta, HoD, Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, IIT, Guwahati
• On 29/06/20a Webinar was organised by Department of Political Science on “India Latin America Partnership: A Paradigm for 21st Century” delivered by Prof(Retd.)Abdul Nafey, Former Chairperson CCUS and LAS School of International Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
• From 04/07/19 to 08/07/19NSS Special Camp held at Namgaon, adopted village
• On 08/07/19Onujiba, a book written by Dr Rahul Sarma, faculty member of S B Deorah College was released in the adoption village for the students of the village.
• As a part of Independence Day Celebration, a cleanliness drive was organised in the college campus and the area near Padmashree Pratima Barua Pandey statue in Chandmari on 13/08/19
• Health Camp and cloth distribution program was conducted among the poor people at Basistha ME school in collaboration with NRHM on 27/10/19
On 25/02/20Swachh Bharat Abhijan program at Railway Colony, Panbazar in collaboration with Sri SriDakshineswar Kali Mandir Committee. Cleanliness drive was undertaken with the student volunteers.
• On Health Awareness Program on Breast Cancer was organised in association with Rodali, A Center for Cancer Awareness and Counselling at Namgaon Primary School, adopted village of the College 23/02/20
• A socio-economic survey was also conducted to find out their socio-economic problems, so to assist them in near future.
• In connection with International Women’s Day a street play was performed by the students with the theme “Status of Women in Indian Society”atUlubari HS School on 07/03/20
• Women’s Day was celebrated in Kalyani Niwas, a shelter home for girls. Two student volunteers Hina and Tamanna give a brief training of handicraft to the children of the shelter home.
• An awareness programme on Covid-19 was organised in Namgaon, adopted village of the college where soap, food and sanitiser were distributed.
• On 21/03/20 Covid-19 awareness program at Rupnagar area was organised
• The Convenor of Extension Education Cell herself distributed Mask and Leaflet as an awareness program of Covid-19 among the people of Bakrapara, Guwahati on 24/03/20
• On 12-03-20 the Convenor of Extension Education Cell is entrusted with the responsibility by the Assam Higher Secondary Education Council to take the class of political science for HS 2nd year students through All India Radio, Guwahati during the Pandemic, Covid-19 period and the classes are still continuing.
• Most of the faculty members are associated with various social organisations and NGOs like shelter home, Old Age Homes and conducted many outreach programmes.
• The Principal, most of the faculty members and many students and office staff donated food, clothes, money, medicine during Covid-19. College was a Covid-19 Screening Centre. Teachers,librarian and office staff voluntarily joined in covid-19 duty.
• A symposium on Importance of blood donation was organised in collaboration with Manik Chandra Dutta Memorial Society on 11/09/19
• A free health check-up including Blood Sugar test, BP check up, Dental check up, Physiotherapy and ECG conducted by Apollo Hospital Ltd 14/09/19. A wheel chair was donated by the hospital.
• Yoga classes were conducted for 10 days from 15/10/19 in collaboration with Vivekananda Kendra, Guwahati.
• A Certificate Course on Value Education was organised from 30/10/19 to 09/11/19 in collaboration with Vivekananda, Guwahati.
• A Health Awareness Program was organised in adopted village on 23/02/19
• A talk on “Values of Indian Culture and Role of Youth” in collaboration with ISKCON was organised on 26/02/20
• International Yoga Day was celebrated and an online talk on ‘’Yoga, a Way of Life’’ was delivered Subhabrata Mukherjee, Senior Karmakarta of Vivekananda Kendra, Guwahati on 21/06/20
1. Two floors of the new multi storied building have been completed funded by RUSA, State Govt., and college own fund wherein the library has been shifted.
2. Construction of three new classroom and three new laboratories has been completed.
3. Apparatus and equipments for the science laboratories are also purchased during the period.
4. Construction of new toilets for girls’ completed.
5. A Sanitary napkin vending machine with incinerator has been installed in the girls’ common room which has been donated by Guwahati Refinery Ltd.
1. Introduction of Internet Lease Line(ILL) in the campus for effective use of computer laboratory, office, online class and video conferencing.
2. Construction of more class room in the college
3. Vertical extension of two more floors in the new academic building with funding from RUSA and state government.
4. Renovation and modernisation of the college auditorium.
5. Digitalisation of college library.
6. Introduction of NCC in the college.
7. For construction of a boys’ hostel college will approach to district administration for fresh demarcation of a plot of land which was already allotted to the college by government of Assam in 1987.
8. Construction of new science laboratory.
9. Planned for alternate entrance to enter in new academic building.
10. Literary campaign will be organised in different slum areas of greater Guwahati by NSS unit of the college.
11.A committee has been formed to carry on Unnat Bharat Abhiyan.
12. A Committee has been formed to establish an Incubation Centrepin the college.
13. It is decided to organise two National Seminar/Webinarson the month of January and March 2021.
14. A workshop on Intellectual Property Rights will be organised.
15.Awareness programs on Environmental issues will be organised in the nearby schools and in the adopted village.
16. Drinking water facilities will be arranged for the people of adopted village by the teaching staff. A sewing machine will also be donated for the women of the village.
17. The teaching staff of the college will donate a sewing machine to Kalyani Niwas, a shelter home for girls.
18. A cloth distribution program for the street living people will be organised by Extension Cell.
19. Alumni of the college will be invited for delivering lecture on some important topics for the students.
20. The Assamese Department will organise a national seminar in collaboration with Assam Sahitya Sabha.
21. Online classes for the aspiring students who are willing to appear for the competitive examinations will be started from the month of January, 2021.
22. The Women Cell of the College will start a Legal Support Information Unit for the girl students and the society in general.
23. A number of Skill Enhancement Courses have been introduced in the college and along with that a number of vocational courses on Cutting-Tailoring, DTP, Proof Reading, Data Analysis, Public Speaking Skill will be started from next session.
24. Each year Education Department of the college has arranged a Handicraft Exhibition Cum Sale, Because of the heavy demands of the commodities the department has decided to carry on the project on commercial basis.
25. A festival will be arranged to display cultural varieties of the North Eastern states.